Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 20 Mar 2000 to 21 Mar 2000

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 20 Mar 2000 to 21 Mar 2000 (#2000-85)

I'm the guy who needed the '59 Dodge rear bumper.  Remember I was sideswiped
by a teen coming the other way. My replacement came in from Moore's.
Although not excellent, it's good enough.  I'll probably combine the best of
both bumpers as it has six separate parts. 3/20's FL lists a 59 Dodge in
Norfolk for 1 grand.  I probably should have bought that, in as much as I
paid $380. total for my bumper.  But I wanted to have my Dodge ready for
spring.  Oh well, a fool and his money...On the V8 versus the six issue, I
have the 326 wedge.  While not fast, I wouldn't trade the low rumble through
the dual exhaust for anything.   It's not really about speed.  Even with a
big engine, how hard can you push a 40 year old motor without it coming
apart?  The forward look styling is what first attracted me, but the
smoothness of the V8, Torqueflite, and  torsion bars is what keeps me coming
back for long drives to nowhere.  Maybe I better schedule another appointment
with my psychiatrist?