[FWDLK] trans query

hello all,

sorry if this touches on any previuosly discussed topics:

regarding the cable operated valve body calibrations- a friend of mine used a
'65 727 [cable / slip yoke] in a 57 belv using the 3 spd iron tf pushbuttons,
we didnt discuss however which cable was used; i have a 65 300, which will
some day donate its trans to my other 57--- will i need the pushbutton cable
as opposed to a column cable? if so, i have a perfect '62 poly 727 with
cable, and will that cable coopperate with the 65 v body or do i use the
earlier valve body?

also in dealing with the spline situation:  i've successfully built [5] 71-up
style torqueflites, but havent opened the earlier ones; question is, can i
use the newer pump housing/stator support + input shaft/front drum assy' to
enable use of the modern converters available?  also, has anyone dealt with
the rear drums, as in machining the plate land out say .075" to add an extra
clutch out back in addition to omission of the blanchard groung retaining
plate?? curious if anyone has tried the upgrade/ success stories.  i will be
using the trans-go man/auto shift kit, kevlar band + 5.0 lever as well.
would really like to retain the buttons for once and [slow down] stray from
ratchet + air shifters.

any input is much appreciated; please email privately so others wont have to
read repeats if any.

thanks,
jim