Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 28 Mar 2000 to 29 Mar 2000

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 28 Mar 2000 to 29 Mar 2000 (#2000-93)

I am going to Spring Carlisle.  I am looking for a car to partially restore.
Being both busy and lazy, I have found a young man  to do engine and frame
restoration for my vehicles for a very reasonable price.   Two years ago I
found my '59 Dodge 4dr hardtop.   Paint and interior were fine, but the
chassis had a patina of rust on it.  I could tell it was surface rust but it
looked awful.  The engine ran fine but looked looked a rat's nest.  This
young man sanded and painted the underside of the car.  Then he took the
engine apart down to the block and painted it according to my instructions
and research.  He reassembled all, replacing belts, hoses, plugs, filters
etc.  The car looks and runs great.   Naturally, I took it elsewhere for
exhaust and brakes, as he is primarily detail and a light mechanic.  But I
was so happy that last fall I bought a '65 Imperial Coupe that got the same
treatment.  I rented him a garage near his home in Brunswick, Maryland to
work on it.   Now he is finished, and I'm looking for another car that needs
frame and engine cosmetic detail.  If you have one contact me. If no one does
I'll find him something. See you at Carlisle.   Andy Carpel