Re: [FWDLK] P.T. CRUISER

My next door neighbor is a salesman for Lithia CDP in Roseburg, OR (some of
you west coasters may have heard of Lithia, as it is now the 7th largest
dealership chain in the nation).  They got their first PT Cruiser in
yesterday, it was sold in 45 minutes, sight unseen, to a woman who insisted
on getting it - paying to the tune of $3000 over MSRP.  He says they didn't
want to sell it, it has such drawing value, and they turned down $2000 over
MSRP, but I guess she wanted it bad enough!

Even if the PT Cruiser is the next huge hit of the auto world, I'll never
understand the lengths some will go to to be the first in town to own one.
If I want one, I can wait six months till they're everywhere, and rather
keep the $3K for something more important than a new car (like fixing one of
my old ones!!!).  But I'm the same person who doesn't understand why someone
would drive an Expedition/Silverado/Ram 3500 to drop the kids at Little
League, and is baffled at why sales of these monsters hasn't slowed down
with the gas crunch, but I guess there's a lot of things in the world we're
not meant to understand. . . .

Mark   mjh

Subject: [FWDLK] P.T. CRUISER