Re: [FWDLK] Speaking of brakes.....

Richard,
Try a couple of things.  First make sure the heavy "screen door spring "
is installed on the brake drum.  It cancels out vibrations. Secondly,
bevel the leading edges of the brake linings-a lot. The sharp edge
causes a wave in the drum and sets up a howl like the T-Rex you
mentioned. Be sure the brakes are adjusted right.  Good tip for all:
Rear adjusters turn down-opposite each other to tighten.  Front
adjusters turn in the direction of foreward wheel rotation-looking from
the back side, the left front adjusters turn clockwise to tighten and
the right side adjusters turn counter-clockwise to tighten. Adjusting
these in the wrong direction will adjust the shoes, but will cause
problems that you don't even want to know about!
Gary