[FWDLK] Power Steering conversions

Nick,

Some early 56 Plymouths and all 55 Ply V8s used a version of the Dodge Poly
engine. If you have one of these Dodge engines:

You will also need the PS generator bracket to mount the generator.

This bracket fastens to threaded bosses on the intake manifold and water
pump housing. The holes are usually not drilled on non-PS engines. You may
be able to drill and tap these for a large bolt or swap the intake manifold
and water pump housing. These castings from a 56 dodge 315 (S/N D633-xxxx)
engine will not fit, due to the taller block. All 55 Dodge/ Plymouth V8s and
56 270 Dodge are OK.

PS cars use 2 belts: get the 2 groove pulleys for the water pump and crank.

The RH exhaust will have a leftover mounting boss for the non-PS generator.
You may also want the correct RH exhaust manifold without the boss.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500