[FWDLK] old car people are the best

I just thought I'd relate some experiences to the group. Old car people are
the best.
While cruising through ebay on Wed, I clicked on some moulding for a 56
Belvidere and in the description the person put that they were parting the
car out and it had power steering and brakes. I have been trying to get a
complete power steering setup since 1990, I never really looked for the
brake setup. I emailed the guy (in Michigan) and he came back that the
systems were complete since the car was complete and I could have everything
i needed for the complete swap for $250 plus shipping. He said he just
wanted a fair price, heck if you ask me, $500 would have been a fair price.
In the meantime, I had emailed Chris Suminski, the plymouth owners club 1956
tech adivsor who also lives in Michigan. It just so happend that he was
driving to PA, about 1.5 hours from my house on Sunday to drop of an engine
to another 56 plymouth owner. Well after a bunch of phone calls, the parts
seller took all the parts off the car, contacted Chris, set up a time on Sat
to meet , he took off everything that I could possibly need, steering box,
hoses, all brackets, special bolts, pulleys, steering column and wheel and
horn ring with the power steering logo center cap, brake pedals, brackets,
linkage, mastercyl, booster, vac can and intake manifold fitting and I
bought the intake/ exhaust manifold, carb, throttle linkage and air cleaner.
I spent a total of $300.
Chris and Scott (from PA) drove an hour west of Chris house, picked up my
parts and then came back east to PA yesterday and now my parts are sitting
waiting for me and it didn't cost me and arm and a leg for shipping.

It's nice to see people help people out especially since I've never met any
of these people, i've only bought a couple of parts from Chris and talked to
him once on the phone.

Anyway, the guy is parting out the 56 Belvidere 6 cyl 4 door (minus power
steering, power brakes, intake/exhaust manifold and carb) if anyone needs
any parts, I can get his email addy for you, let me know

I'm also getting 4 wide white radials from coker at about $150 each and I
also was the one who bought the NOS continental kit for the 56 Plymouth off
ebay for $280. I sure dumped a boat load of money on the Plym this week.
Luckily I have an understanding wife.
I just called her a little upset that I didn't get a job I applied for and
then I told her I won the continental kit auction so she said at least
something good was happening.