Re: [FWDLK] A, B, C...

--- John Bartell <jrbartell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which years equal which lettered
> body style? ex: E body is a '70 Cuda or...
> Where does the 59 Ply fall in, or was that before
> A, B C...?

The letter designations didn't start until about '65,
although some earlier cars were given that designation
retroactively (for example, '62-'64 Furies and Polaras
are B-bodies, '60-'64 Valiants are A-bodies, etc.)

The only non-Unibody car to get a letter designation
was the Imperial, and even then there is some
confusion since Chrysler itself appears to have gone
back & forth between the "D-body" and "Y-body"
designation. (The jack instructions on my '65 Crown
referred to it as a "Y-body", so that's the
terminology I've always used...)