Re: [FWDLK] Question on Overbid Snitching

Re: [FWDLK] Question on Overbid Snitching

The guy to watch out for is Frank Mitchell. I overpaid for both chrome oil
breather and pvc caps that he sells on eBay as NOS. Turns out they're not
NOS at all, but current Mopar Performance production items produced for the
hemi 426. I can buy the oil cap at my local Chrysler dealer for around 7
bucks (I think list is 10 or 11). Frank literally cuts the parts off of the
new blister pack cardboard and markets them using the old part number from
back in the sixties. When I emailed him about this, his rhetorical response
was, "Well, ALL parts are NOS, aren't they?" He was implying that the only
one that isn't is the first one that comes out of engineering that is used
as a model for all those that follow. Truly bogus. I got zero support from
eBay when I tried to point out that he was misrepresenting parts as NOS that
are actually current production. In this case, I would have greatly
appreciated it if someone could have pointed out the situation to me during
the bidding. By the way, the clues that led me to look into what was being
sold at the Chrysler dealer were that (a)Frank left the clear plastic
blister on the part (they didn't package things this way back in 1965), and
(b)there was synthetic material visible through the vent holes (originals
have simple wire mesh). The guy is a slimeball. Be careful.

Dan Davids
Seattle
3 dozen or so mopars 1957-69