[FWDLK] 55 Desoto Suspension

Hi

My son's 55 Desoto rides well on the road.  It looks level when on a flat
surface, but I think it rides a little to low in the rear.  The rear view
mirror looks at mostly headliner.  It has new shocks on the front and rear.
I think about 2 inches lift in the rear should do it.

I have been thinking of adding 1 of the following;
a.  air shocks
b.  overloads
c.  new springs
d.  adjustable air springs

My dad had the same problem with a different 55 Desoto in the 60's when he
carried his carpenter tools in the trunk.  He installed overloads.

I assume air shocks for mid 70's Dodge Chargers should work (since Desoto's
aren't in the catalog).  I don't have a clue where I would get new springs.
I've heard re-arching the old springs may or may not work over the long
term.

Has anyone on the Forward Look list tried solving this problem lately?
Opinions welcome!
Thanks

John Compton
Fullerton, CA