[FWDLK] Original Auto Interiors

Hi, Mike:

Congratulations on expanding your horizons from the Imperial Mailing
List to include the Forward Look list. Any chance you'll be continuing
your name-calling charade with your brother-in-law on this list too? Has
the Imperial heat died down yet, on that one?

Original Auto Interiors, in (?) Columbus, MI (they're not really IN
anything except the open countryside, just off I-94) has a truly
jaw-dropping volume of fabric bolts. I can't imagine how they catalog or
find stuff like that, but they sure looked pretty organized when I was
there about a year ago. It's great that they've got your correct fabric.
But you asked who could make up the seat covers, and so I have to ask
whether you asked Original Auto Interiors whether they could. You see,
when I was there, they were in the midst of creating a bunch of Forward
Look seat cover sets. If they have a pattern and if all you need is the
covers made up, then this might just be an easy one to solve. But, if
you need somebody to clean up your frames, fix the springs, put in new
foam and then put on the new covers, I don't have any useful
suggestions. But with seat covers that are reasonably correct, wouldn't
the "frames-springs-foam-install covers" be a pretty standard task for
any automotive upholsterer?

Dick Woodside