Re: [FWDLK] Film / video

In a message dated 4/30/00 1:22:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RJZ123@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Hey all -- what's the going rate of pay for an old car to be used in a
>  video for about 4 hours ???  Thanx.  Rich.

Rich:
I would suggest the first thing you find out is how are they going to use
your car.  Is it just for background purposes or a feature car ex; going to
be driven in the video?  Also, if you have to drive to and from the shoot
location that time should be added to the hours they actually use the car.
You should receive higher compensation if they do more than just park the
car, and you should be there the whole time they use the car.  Regarding
insurance, if they are any kind of operation at all they are required to
furnish necessary insurance to cover your car.  Ask them what coverage they
have.   Money wise, all cities are different but background cars used 5 to 8
hours should command at least $150, and feature cars can bring $250 and up to
$400 for a day.  By the way, I have been doing this for over 20 years and in
addition to my own cars, broker for other people in my area.  If you have any
other questions let me know.
                                    Bill B.