Re: [FWDLK] 361 D-500 engine

Mike,

I have two road tests on 1961 Dodge Darts with the D-500 powerplant.
However, they are both 383-cid V-8's with the dual crossover ram induction
manifold.
MOTOR LIFE, April, 1961 - 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix 2-door hardtop
SCIENCE & MECHANICS, May, 1961 - 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix 4-door hardtop
  (comparing it with 318-cid V8)

However, I do have two road tests of Plymouths with the 4-barrel, 361-cid
V8 engine (Golden Commando) :
MECHANIX ILLUSTRATED, November, 1960 - 1961 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop
MOTOR TREND, February, 1961 - 1961 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop (comparison
    with the Sonoramic Commando 383-cid V8 with the crossover ram
    induction)

What information would you like?   Be happy to pass along whatever you are
interested in.

Bill W

> I have a 1961 Dodge Dart Phoenix 2 dr-hdtp that I have finished
> restoring...One thing that I lack, and perhaps someone can help me here,
is
> performance data on my 361, D-500 engine.  I am hoping somebody--MOTOR
TREND,