Re: [FWDLK] hub/drum quandry

Dear FWDLKer's

Thanks guys!  I am back on the road...usually I do my
own work, but did not have a puller, etc. so had to
trust this work to the shop......"Joe", my sometimes
mechanic I mentioned earlier, came up with this....he
found a second washer, bigger diameter hole, ground it
out a little to slide over the axle taper to take up
extra slack, then installed the original washer and
nut.....This along with a new key (oversize) and
tightened everything up.  It works!

I still have no idea how come the hub slid onto the
taper too far, but this fix got me back on the
highway.    I did swap my '56 to a later rear end when
I put the 440 in it...('66 B-body 8 3/4" which fit
fine once I moved the spring perches).

Thanks again......Del   <midnight340@xxxxxxxxx>