[FWDLK] Not quite FL related

Hi people
I am considering purchasing a 54 DeSoto Firedome long wheelbase sedan.
Some one has tried to make it a "rod", so the engine and tranny are gone and
the firewall has been chopped up.  The front and rear seat is out of a late
70's New Yorker brougham, as is the steering column.  The car has not been
done right.

The most severe problem is I would be in need of a couple of front fenders
and a hood, grille, etc.  It was on a car dolly, the straps broke and it ran
into a parked car at about 30 mph.  The previous owners just kept going.
The frame is not bent, and whatever it hit was higher than the front bumper,
cause it's fine too.

It's a rare car, but is it too far gone?

I found a 54 Firedome sedan here in Coos Bay, but I am afraid that the
coastal air has taken it's toll on the sheet metal.

Anybody got some stuff they want to let go cheap? Close to Oregon would be
better yet!
Mark
57 Windsor