desotojohn@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1955-56 vent window Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:17:14 -0700

HELP!  Anyone know how to remove the vent wing from the assembly on a
'55-'56 hardtop?  I have to get the assembly ready for plating, but you'd
also have to take it off to replace the rubber.  There's a large bolt that
goes straight down from the vent wing and serves as a pivot.  At the bottom
it has a spring to tension the wing and a stop built in also.  There's a
bracket that's riveted onto the assembly which the bolt goes through.
Nothing in the shop manual except for how to remove the whole assembly from
the car.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA