From: Deane Allinson
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 7:52 AM
Subject: Stainless/chrome?

Well, I've finally finished restoring all my stainless and have
it all wrapped up and put away until the car is painted. All
except for those huge gravel shields behind the rear wheel weld.
My question is are those bad boys stainless that has been flash
chromed? Someone on the list let me know why it took so long to
bring my wheelcovers back up to a mirror finish after I had
removed all the scratches. I had been buffing off the chrome top
finish. I was just wondering if  these
were also chrome over stainless and how to deal with them if
they were. There is not really a hidden place to test it out.
They are on a '60 Dodge and are similar to ones I've seen on
Plymouth's. Any info. or experience out there on this?
Deane