[FWDLK] Australian radiator filters

Hi,
    A few emails indicates the discussion was not heard here about a
radiator filter descibed by Owen Griggs from New Zealand.
    The discussion was cooling problems and solutions. Rust, sand from
casting of the block, and all other horror stories of what one finds in
their system when they have problems and do the inspections.
    This filter is made in Australia and consists of a cannister with a
stainless steel screen that is reusable and won't block off the flow
when it has done its job filtering the coolant system. It looks like it
is inline off of the radiator hose with a twist off top to remove the
screen, clean it and replace it. Sounds like a good idea to me and
several others expressed interest, so we decided to take orders for
these filters and Owen has been gracious enough to acquire them for the
clubs. Price wise they look to be in the 20-30.00 range, I'll post the
exact figure when Owen gets back to me
    We all know how important filtering our oil is, wouldn't it make
sense for the coolant ?
Another fellow said he had jury rigged a regular oil filter to run off
of the heater core hoses and said his system worked great, but it wasn't
a kit. Both of these ideas I believe are of use and consideration seeing
that radiator problems are not uncommon with our old infrequently used
cars and maintaining our expensive radiators with some form of filtering
seems to be a no brainer.
    So. If you want to purchase one of the Australian radiator filters,
email me with
Name, address, zip code, daytime phone and how many you would like.
John Photakis