[FWDLK] Numbers for '58 Regal Lancer.

Some of these questions certainly relate to more then the Regal Lancer,
but that is the car I am interested in at the moment. First, are there
numbers on the ID plate or engine block telling if a car is a correct
D500. Second, are there and what are the numbers telling what model the
car is? Third, what are the prospects of getting the correct upholstery
or at least recreating it. Finally, in the most general sense, how does
the desirability of a '58 Regal Lancer compare to the desirability of a
'59 Custom Royal Lancer 2 door hardtop, assuming equal condition and
drive train? Thanks for any and all help?

                                        James