Re: [FWDLK] filter conversion- vs normal filter.

LARSPAINTR@xxxxxxx wrote:

> times U find out it is possible tho a bit messy.  Just part of the fun.
> I get my filters at NAPA.  Be sure U follow the instructions for the sizes
> and top and bottom gaskets, NAPA includes several seizes all are not used.

For holding gaskets in place during an installation, I keep a bottle of hairspray
handy.  It works great.  Simply coat boat surfaces lightly, then put them
together when they get tacky.   It holds the gasket very well, and I've never had
leakage problems with this method.

-Dave