Re: [FWDLK] FL Emblem on Adventurers

--- Stein Erik Tveter <moparman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

(snip)

> Is it original that 56 DeSoto Adventurer has the
> forwardlook emblems on the front fenders, or is it
> "aftermaket"?

Not only is it original, but AFAIK the emblem in
question is a DeSoto exclusive. The FL emblem has a
checkered flag pattern between the wings of the inner
"V". This emblem or one very similar also appeared on
the '57 Adventurer just in front of the series name,
and may have also appeared on the '56 Pacesetter
convertibles, altho I'm not 100% sure about that part.

I don't recall seeing this particular FL emblem on any
of the other makes; I saw it on a 392-powered boat
once but suspect it was put there by the boat's owner.