Re: [FWDLK] Bias or Steel belted, white wall size for '59?

Re: [FWDLK] Bias or Steel belted, white wall size for '59?

James:

You didn't mention what model your 59 Dodge was, but most likely you would
use an 800-14 with a 2-1/4" whitewall, or possibly an 850-14, also with a
2-1/4" whitewall.  Coker Tires carries BF Goodrich tires in these sizes for
$111 apiece--go to http://cokertire.com/

I recently bought Firestone bias ply wide whites for my 56 Imperial from
Coker, and I'm very happy with them.  My car used to have radials on it, and
I haven't noticed any loss of handling, at least as fast as I drive the car
(up to an indicated 90 mph, which is just over 80), and the bias plies look
100% better, and give the car proper ride height.  Plus, as you mentioned,
they're cheaper.  These tires are made in the original molds, but with
modern compounds, so they probably stick a little better, if anything, than
the originals.  I would definitely recommend the bias plies.

Mike Trettin
1956 Imperial
1960 New Yorker