[FWDLK] Some facts about 57-59 Plymouths

[FWDLK] Some facts about 57-59 Plymouths

Did you know that :

. In the 58 brochure, the play showing at the theatre behind the Fury is 'My
Fair Lady'.
. Some 57-59 Plymouths imported to Belgium were stretched into limos.
. The belgian king Baudoin used 3 stretched '59 limos for his wedding in
1960.
. The '58 Fury was road tested by a belgian comics magazine ('Spirou') in
July 1958.
  Although they were impressed by the car, they said that brakes fading and
overzealous
  power steering were the main defects when compared to european sports car
(I'll have
  scanned pics of this article - with neat drawings - in the near future).
. The price in Belgium for a '58 Fury was 257,000 belgian francs or roughly
$5,200 at
  the time (the US price was $3,067). That was 5 times the price of a
Renault 4CV (basic
  popular transportation).
. There was a '58 Plymouth pedal car in the US pavilion at the 1958 Brussels
World Fair
. In that Stephen King novel that we all know, it is clearly stated that the
car was
  converted to red color after LeBay bought the car new, and that it was not
a factory
  color.
. Stephen King also made an error somewhere in the book, when he tells the
reader that
  Arnold 'reached at the rear door from the front seat'.
. The french ad agency in charge of promoting the 'Christine' movie in 1983
searched for
  months before finding a restorable french '58 Fury. Three days after
finding it, the
  barn where it was kept until they bought it caved in ... spooky isn't it ?
. The body shop chosen by the ad agency had all but three weeks to restore
the car before
  the movie promotion began.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (still craving for a '58 Belvedere 2-door hardtop
coupe)