Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler Padded Dash

--- GoDesoto@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Just picked up a 1957 Windsor 2 dr HT with 20,000
> original miles. The car is pristine with exception
> of the padded dash that has pulled away from
> underneath. It's intact but hanging down over the
> radio. It needs to be replaced. Any suggestions?
> A local upholstery will do it but they said there
> would have to be a seam by the instrument cluster.

Just Dashes in Van Nuys CA advertises in Hemmings, I
have not dealt with them myself but have seen good
correct-appearing work by them on a '58 F*rd dash
(notorious for the same problem). Their rep is that
they are very pricey but turn out excellent dashpads.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
(coming soon!)