Re: [FWDLK] Ok, a swivel seat question for a 59 Dodge.

Re: [FWDLK] Ok, a swivel seat question for a 59 Dodge.

James, the only '59 swivel car I'm familiar enough
with to answer this question on is Nick Nichols' '59
NY, which does have the piece you describe (but is a
late-production '59). And it isn't a Dodge, which may
also make a difference. So I don't know if that
answers your question or not.

Sometimes early promo pics vary consdierably from what
was actually produced.

There is also the "painted chrome" factor on some '59
Dodges, altho I think this was more a Coronet thing
than a senior model thing. I've seen a number of these
where the horn ring assembly was painted the same
color as the steering wheel, apparently from the
factory. Perhaps this practice turned up elsewhere as
well.

--- sartana <sartana@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First of all, thanks to the group for all your great
> world and you all have make it an easier transition.
>
> Several of you responded regarding my quest for
> swivel seats for my 59 Custom Royal Lancer.
> Thank you, but now a question. Did the side of the
> swivels for this car have a fitted chrome piece that
> was on the outer side, going from the handle back?
> I have an advertisement picture that shows the
> piece, but looking in my "Cars of the Fabulous
> '50s" book, it shows two photos of a 59 with
swivels,
> both without the chrome. The two pictures in the
book