[FWDLK] 59 Wagon

Hi All,
        After driving 850 miles one way, and finding a small but interesting
salvage yard tucked away in the Kansas plains, I think I now know where
"Moses lost his sandals"!   104 degress and no shade, rattlesnakes, bull
snakes and a huge, black, beef bull were our only obstacles in checking
out the yard for a few minutes.  Did not actually see a snake, but I
think the owner and his son, after telling us of snakes, liked watching
us Northerners jump every time the wind blew the sagebrush and yuccas!
        I believe there were 2 56 Ply in there, one 4 dr and one 2 dr., and one
55 Ply, none of these were very nice, but may be some trim on them or
some other small piece.  I don't remember any other fwdlk cars there.
The name of the yard is Stroups Salvage.  Not a very active yard, but
has about 500 cars from the late forties to 80's.  It is located in
Grainfield KS just 2-3 miles North of I-70 on KS hwy 23 North.
        The 59 Ply Custom Suburban wagon I bought has a very straight body, and
only a small amount of rust just ahead of the rear wheel wells. A good
parts car, and maybe a potential daily driver with some help from my
other parts car.  It has a 318 Powerflite, don't know how good they
are.  The interior is junk, missing middle seat, haven't had a chance to
look at 3rd seat,  all the bright work is there, but have the usual
dings and dents.  It is in need of the spare tire cover on the right
rear quarter panel.  Odometer shows 48,000+, but no way of knowing the
actual.
This was used for a fire department car, so it has holes in the roof
from the light and siren.
        An uneventful trip until 2 hours from home, when the fuel pump quit in
my pickup.  Sat on the side of I-90 in the hot sun for two and a half
hours before a MN state trooper stopped to tell us we couldn't stay
there, as we were actually half out into the third lane of traffic.
(no shoulder)  He turned his car around, hooked a tow strap on the the
front of my truck and the push bars on his squad, and towed us one half
mile to a shoulder on the highway.  I wish my pickup had the snort his
squad has.  4 and a half hours after the truck stalled, we were loaded
on a rollback, and headed home to WI with car on trailer in tow!   A
very expensive fuel pump!!!!
        Have a great day, I have to go unload the wagon and return the
trailer.  John in (no place like home) Wi