[FWDLK] Fw: Re:Plymouth Savoy - 1956

Chris & Mike,

The Canadian Savoy/Regent 2 and 4 door sedans were
available with the Sportone as an option.  The series name
still appeared on the rear fender.  Instead of the series name
on the driver's door trim, as on the Belvedere/Mayfair,
there appeared four small arrow-like indentations.  The
Sportone was also available on the Custom Suburban as an
option.

As for two-tones, the regular Savoy/Regent two-tone was
one colour on the body with the second colour on the roof
above the drip rails.   With Sportone, the colour within the
Sportone area matched the roof colour.

Looking through the list of Canadian colours available in
1956, there was a Shell Pink (29) offered.  It could be had as a
bottom colour with a choice of Surf White (2911), Heron Grey
Metallic (2211), Jet Black (1011) or Heather Metallic (2811) as
upper colours.   The reverse colours, with Shell Pink as the
upper colour,  came with Surf White (1129), Heron Grey Metallic
(1122), Jet Black (1110), and Heather Metallic (1128) for lower
colours.   (The numbers 2911, 2211, etc. are the paint codes
associated with the colour schemes).

By the way, what is the VIN on your car?  Would be interesting
to see from which plant it was sourced.   Also, on the firewall
on Canadian-built vehicles there was a small rectangular tag,
with "Model No", "Body No", "Paint Code", and "Trim Code".
This information could help in determining just what your car
came with, if the plate was used in South African production.

Bill W
Vancouver, BC