[FWDLK] Starters and Moth balls

I have two questions,  I am sure the answers are out there somewhere.  First, does anyone know if the starters are different for
1955 Dodge  or do they take the same one  V8 or 6 cylinder,  standand or automatic?
Second question:  I have moved to the country after living in the city for 30 years.   I will be storing some of my cars in an outside building.  It's a converted old barn with plastic siding and a concrete floor.  Any suggestions that may be better than moth balls to keep mice or whatever critters out of the cars.

Thanks,

Joe P.
Walton, Ky