Re: [FWDLK] 1955 "De Soto Diplomat"?

In France there are more DeSoto Diplomat than Fireflite or Firedome ! Same thing for the
Dodge Kingsway.. These export models built on Plymouth car with the DeSoto (or Dodge)
front clip were less expensive than the "senior" models. A lot of them went in North
Africa (Algeria, Morocco) bought by french people who lived there and they came back in
France after the independence of these countries.
About DeSoto models there was three (or four) price levels: In 1958, the Diplomat (=
Plazza) , the Diplomat DeLuxe (= Savoy), the Diplomat Custom (= Belvedere). Choice of
engine & trans. was the same as Plymouth, but without the 318 or 350 2 x 4 Fury. In 1959
there was a Diplomat "Adventurer" which was a Sport Fury.
I've put some pics of Diplomat & Kingsway on the "autres Mopar" pages of my Chrysler
Imperial France site. Ther's a Diplomat Custom 55 convertible
Go to  http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/mainpage.htm
then click on the "autres Mopars 55/61" in the left frame of the page. You'll find
thumbnails at the bottom of the page.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible