Re: [FWDLK] 1955 "De Soto Diplomat"?

--- Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

(good stuff snipped)

> About DeSoto models there was three (or four) price
> levels: In 1958, the Diplomat (= Plazza) , the
> Diplomat DeLuxe (= Savoy), the Diplomat Custom
> (= Belvedere). Choice of engine & trans. was the
> same as Plymouth, but without the 318 or 350
> 2 x 4 Fury. In 1959 there was a Diplomat
> "Adventurer" which was a Sport Fury.

There was also an export Dodge Spt. Fury equivalent
called "Kingsway Lancer"... ...it's my understanding
that Canada did not get this car, which probably would
have been called "Sport Viscount" had it been
available there...

Not sure of the Kingsway Lancer proeduction numbers,
but I understand there were only 22 Diplomat
Adventurers (14 2drHTs, 8 convertibles).

> I've put some pics of Diplomat & Kingsway on the
> "autres Mopar" pages of my Chrysler Imperial
> France site. Ther's a Diplomat Custom 55
> convertible
> Go to  http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/mainpage.htm
> then click on the "autres Mopars 55/61" in the left
> frame of the page. You'll find thumbnails at the
> bottom of the page.

And thanks, Phillippe, for the thumbnails, which are
now on my hard drive... (Did you save any other pics
from the 57heaven.com site? I searched for it once
again the other day and it was down, whether
temporarily or otherwise I am not sure...)

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban