[FWDLK] Fwd: Old Transmision Ident

Got this off the MoPar Mailing List and hoped someone
here could answer this (I don't feel up to getting
under the Plymouth with a tape measure today).

Anyone know if that casting number translates into a
part number? Seems to me anything that would take out
a cast iron tranny case would be major enough that the
whole tranny would've been replaced, as opposed to
buying a bare case and stuffing it.

(Also, I didn't bother correcting him on when the 727
came out; if you do, be gentle.)

 ---
 Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA

 '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
 '77 Jeep Wagoneer 401
 '82 Chrysler LeBaron K-vertible
 '87 Chrysler New Yorker (FWD) 2.2 Turbo (Coming In
Spring)