[FWDLK] car covers

The cars I have stored inside all have car covers.   I have several different styles and materials.  They all seem to do the job ok.
That is keeping the dust off.  I prefer the lighter  nylon parachute type material, because it is light, and after you once get the hang of it, you can put them on the car by yourself without much effort.
As far a taking one to a car show,  It's not worth the effort.   If' it's at a National Meet like WPC where the cars are parked inside or under roof at night, the cover works fine.  But if the car is parked outside and it rains,   I would rather it not be covered.  I have had a car get wetter with a cover on it.  The cover may start out waterproff,  but that wears off after a while.  If the cover gets saturated , the rain will get in places it never went before, like in vents, and window seals.  Instead of running off the car, it holds the moisture on the car.   Even if the cover is water tight, condensation gets under it and the car still gets wet.  Then you not only still have a wet car, but a very large wet car cover to deal with.  Then you need to find a laundramat to dry the cover., so you can put it back in the car to take it home.  I found it just a easy to towel down the wet car after it rains, like everyone else is doing, and the car looks good and ready to show.

 That's just my opinion.

Joe Paolucci
Walton, Ky.