[FWDLK] D500-1-Real or clone?

Just saw the December issue of Cars & Parts at the dentist's office.
There's a nice article on the white and yellow 1956 Dodge CRL 4dr sedan by
Arch Brown, who has written numerous authoritative articles.

Didn't see any ID information anywhere in the article regarding whether this
is a true
D500-1.  Seems to me that there was extensive interchange a while back on
this list that this car is a clone, not a factory D500-1.  As I recall, one
of you had known the prior owner and the same guy or another had had the
chance to buy the 2x4 intake manifold.

It was good to see a MoPar feature and it really doesn't matter to me one
way or another, but I'd hate to see someone pass off a clone as an original
just to make an unfair profit on a sale at some future date, quoting this
article as "authority."

Does anyone who is more informed on this matter have an inclination to write
a letter to the editor of Cars & Parts?

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial,
Washougal, WA  [All special limited editions]