[FWDLK] Fwd: Fw: D500-1-Real or clone?

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: DupontTim@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:33:57 EST
Greetings, I feel compelled to respond to this Question, I own the only
complete and documented D500-1 to my knowledge. This car in my mind can only
be reported as a possible Dash One. There have been no documents to support
its originality. Furthermore at best it can only be described as an
incomplete and low option content example (low option content in regard to
possible Dash One performance upgrades). The mystery surrounding the
development of the D500  and D500-1 for 1956 leaves a lot of lee way for the
definition of these cars. Its my belief that if a car owner can provide
documents to show it was ordered from the factory with one or all the
specific performance upgrade packages that were associated with the D500-1
Model as described in the Dodge Parts bulletins and/or have all the
components included in one or more of these packages present and original
(not remanufactured) then I believe this qualifies its Dash One status. To my
knowledge the 4dr sedan in question has not measured up to this scrutiny.
These packages are defined quite well by Dodge documentation and therefore
easy to verify and contain ultra rare parts of which some have been remade
such as the paper filter air cleaner assembly. If further information on this
car has come to the owners attention I would like to know and as always I
invite your opinions on this subject. Thanks Tim.

--- End Message ---