[FWDLK] D500-1 DOCUMENTATION

WHOA, I hope I am not rubbing people the wrong way here, I only wanted to
state my position on the correctness of a Dash One car.  Its true I have only
seen pictures of Mike's car but I talked to JC Auto when it was for sale and
have talked to others who have seen this car in person and inspected it very
closely. I believe they were competent to inform me about this car. So its
from objective accounts I state this car is not complete/correct with regard
to some components that came with the Dash-One parts groups and as of my last
inquiries has no documentation to support its factory origins. Dennis Kennedy
and I have talked over the prospects of other possible D500-1 cars (and there
are a couple) and to this date none have satisfied the criteria for
correctness or completeness that I (and I repeat I) regard and have
established according to my information about them. I would welcome any
evidence that would support the existence of another survivor and since I
found mine by accident its very possible that others exist right under our
noses after all contrary to popular belief a Dash One doesn't necessarily
have the two four barrel set up. Most race cars were retro fitted because of
its late introduction and very few cars were fitted with this option group
from the factory. Any one of the known D500s may have the Extra HD Chassis
upgrades which were considered the original standard for the Dash One
designation. How many D500 owners have researched there cars to this degree?
With any luck the information age will allow more scrutiny of these fine cars
and produce more examples. I welcome it, it brings new life to a very obscure
model. Does it really matter if there is one or two or five, I think one is a
very lonely number and very obscure-hence no fun. Mike has a fine car and I
mean no disrespect but we are talking about standards here and very obscure
standards that surely only a handful of people know about. Is Mikes car a
Dash One by Dodges definition or by somebody else's? That's the question I'm
contemplating. It's not personal. You may draw your own standards I'll draw
mine-its a beautiful country. One fact for sure to onlookers {including me!)
it is a shinning example of a fine breed the D500-1. Thanks Tim