Re: [FWDLK] Question, answer, and documentation

--- Jack and Loretta <johnaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After seeing this I remembered that a man a couple
> of years ago at Hershey bought 2 or 3 horn ring
> center buttons that fit the 55 Plymouth.  I asked
> him if he has a 55 Plymouth and he said he doesn't
> but that he restored boats and the vintage
> Chris Craft boats used this ornament in their
> steering wheel.  Ya just never know who will use
what
> from our Mopars.

I recently read a history of Chris-Craft, whch AYMK
also used MoPar inboard powerplants as far back as
1928. They used Plymouth steering wheels for a number
of years (sounded like they liked the Mayflower
emblem). I was also surprised to see a later '50s
Chris-Craft with the complete steering wheel and horn
ring from a '59 DeSoto...

A friend is presently restoring a Chris-Craft with
twin NY/Imperial flathead straight eights from the
late '40s.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban