[FWDLK] Heater questions

This is not a 50's question, but I hope someone can help any way.

I have a 1993 Chrysler Imperial.  The auto temp is acting funny.  I think
the doors are not moving correctly.  I think the control unit is trying to
provide the proper control, but the mechanical parts are not cooperating.
Are the doors electric or vacuum controlled?  Are there any tips on
troubleshooting this beast?  I would like to avoid a trip to the dealer if
possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Rimington
1956 Dodge Custom Royal