Re: [FWDLK] Done ??

    I've found that I still look at orphans and say " that's cool, let's fix
it up". But as I get older I say "that's cool, let's fix it up by writing
the checks". I am enjoying the partial ability to drop or tow these beauties
to several of my friends who do this for a living and put up with my "odd
ball" obsessions. I'm lucky in that our relationships are built on
friendship and trust and half the time they don't actually bill me for all
of their time and busted knuckles. We discuss the problem and they fix it. I
go into the deal thinking the max for the repair and they find they didn't
need to do this or that and it was much simpler than anticipated. I never
question the bill because of this type of  relationship. They don't abuse
me, and that is why they take care of my fleet of 9 special interest cars
plus 5 regular every day cars.
    My real joy is when I get the call that the job is done and I can pick
it up. Each job done feels real sweet when I get behind the wheel and take
it out for a spin.I plan the next renovation and hope it is sooner than
later. Lately (don't throw stones at me) I have even had the cars detailed
rather than sweat over the last 10 ft of a 20footer and loved every minute
of the work it takes to slide behind the wheel of a "clean machine" with
clean hands that I one step removed,  restored to most of it's glory, and
stick out like a sore thumb in the sea of recycled Bud canned jelly beans.
    Are they all done? Hell no! Always something left to do, but it might
have to wait alittle longer, as I feel a strong desire to ride into the
sunset for a fast 100mile cruise. there is almost always tommorrow...
John Photakis