[FWDLK] Your dammed if you do ........

Well I am in the classic Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't situation.
The question is whether to remove the front and rear glass from the 56 Dodge
or work on the paint and body with them in.
There are slight very minor rust spots where the chrome meets the body but I
cant tell if this goes under the rubber or not.
I am afraid of breakage if I remove them and of missing rot if I leave them
in.
Do these cars have a history of rust in the window channels?
Can anyone guide me in how to remove the chrome trim around the front and
rear windows?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Scott