[FWDLK] Flathead 6 questions

The world's slowest auto mechanic has finally gotten back to the '55 Savoy,
after having the 230 rebuilt.  I even remember where most of the parts go...

Q1:  Should I use Hi-Temp permatex on the manifold gaskets, or nothing at
all?

Q2:  Any "tricks" for setting the timing without a 6 volt timing light?

Q3 doesn't relate to the block at all:  I've gotten driveshaft universal
boots from Bernbaum's, but he doesn't have the clamps.  The old ones don't
have clamps either -- anyone know of a good source, or reasonable
replacement, for these?

        adTHANKSvance
        Dan
        '55 Savoy