[FWDLK] She Knew, I Didn't

Seasons Greetings, everyone...It's been a lot of fun looking at the
stories...ours has a little different spin....Annie is an artist and I went
along with her to deliver a painting. While we were at the house she told me
I just had to see this car out back. It was covered (had been for 4 years)
and when we checked it out I was amazed at the perfect restoration job -
didn't recognize the car - a 55 Savoy P27. About a month later Annie said the
lady was going to sell the car. I volunteered to get it running for her (got
to support a patron of the arts) and that was when I really had a chance to
appreciated what she was, the craftsmanship that went into her,  the loving
care and attention to every detail that was taken in the restoration. The
bodywork was flawless, she had been rewired, the interior was flawless and
the paint was flawless. We took out and acid washed the gas tank, rebuilt the
water pump and carb, flushed the radiator, did a tune, hooked up a battery
and VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM, she fired immediately, strong and clean.
Another couple of months went by and I asked Annie, "What ever happend to the
"Emerald Forest" (that what we called her...the car was from Hawaii and we
loved the beautiful emerald green color of the paint ) and, in an Academy
Award performance she told me how the lady, tearfully, watched the car drive
away with 4 kids jumping up and down with lollypops on the flawless interior.
What a stinker! Annie is not known for keeping a secret, but she sure did on
this one!! A week or two later, on my birthday, Annie had an art opening at
Film Roman (The Simpsons) and she walks up to me with this ____ eating grin
and hands me the keys, "Happy Birthday, Honey!"
She had been commissioned to do another painting and traded it for the car!!
As you can see, I am usually not at a loss for words, but I sure was that
night! It had been all detailed and was waiting in the parking lot!  Since
then we have done just about everything to make her perfect, and would not
have any hesitation to drive her from California to New York and back! Best
wishes to all for a healthy, happy and prosperous Holiday Season.
Joe and Annie, 55 Savoy P27
ps...there is a pix on the 55 Plymouth web site....