Re: [FWDLK] Your dammed if you do ........

Re: [FWDLK] Your dammed if you do ........

You caught me licking my wounds and wondering if I made a mistake on this
issue.  My '55 DeSoto rear window rubber was hard and leaked a little; I
removed it by cutting it out.  Bought Gary Goers' rubber, which is a long
strip that is glued, not a one piece like Steele.

Got it back from the glass shop after three days.  They said I'd bent the
stainless taking it off, said the porper way is to cut the rubber tab with a
knife blade paralell to the stainless on the glass side of the stainless.

The inside rubber forms the trim on this model and the Chrysler Windsor and
Dodge and Plymouth.  When they got done there are several places where the
rubber is puckered.  First they said it would smooth out with some heat,
then they said it was the fault of the rubber, that repro rubber is never
right.  I wrote Gary but haven't got an answer.

If I had it to do over again, I'd have left the glass in and just taken the
outer stainless off.  [DeSoto has a double ring of stainless.]

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial,
Washougal, WA