From: Chris Brown <brownautodesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, December 02, 2000 5:48 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] 56 new yorker

Hello everyone, My name is Chris Brown, and I recently purchased a well-worn '56 New yorker 4-door post. Though I've been playing with old cars for a while now, this is my first Mopar. I have a couple of questions. First, my power steering pump groans like a beached whale, and I know it'll need rebuilt, but is it possible that the old filter inside the canister (it's an Eaton pump) is restricting flow causing it to groan and subsequently not pump very well? If so, where can I get a new one?
 As this car isn't a beauty queen, or a desireable body style, I'm not opposed to using an "incorrect" pump. What would it take to put a newer pump on the 354? Has anybody done this?
Secondly, I really need a hood latch (both parts). Mine is difficult to get it to catch unless I slam it shut, which frightens nearby animals and small childeren. Last week, I was in a parking garage and pulled the coil wire so that the car would be there when I got back. When I slammed the hood, it sounded like a cannon, reverberating through the garage, everybody turned around and stared at me!
My final question: Can I use a 90 degree oil filter adapter from a small block to convert it to a spin-on?
Thanks in advance!
Chris