Re: [FWDLK] 56 new yorker (adapto kits)

Chris
>my power steering pump groans like a beached whale, where can I get a new one? I'm not opposed to using an "incorrect" pump. What would it take to put a newer pump on the 354? Has anybody done this?
Try Quality Engineered Components for adapters, etc.  Their adapters are intended to be used in installing older hemis into newer mopars.  If the mopar small block ps pump will work with your steering box, you should be in good shape.
Quality Engineered Components
1150 Ryan Court
West Lynn, OR 97068
A-833 4-speed tranny adapters, information and other parts for Early Hemis.
>My final question: Can I use a 90 degree oil filter adapter from a small block to convert it to a spin-on?

The guys at Power Play will have the adapter for ~$60.  Make sure you identify any protrusions near the block that would interfer with the adapter/oil filter.  I tried the thin flat adapter on a 55 291 hemi.  It bolted up ok, but the spin on oil filter runs wouldn't seat properly due to clearance problems.  An angle adapter would probably work ok.

Power Play Early Hemi Parts (910)-352-4866 http://www.powerplayhemi.com

Power Play offers specialty parts, adapters and engine building services for your Early Hemi Engine.

John Compton