Re: [FWDLK] Fw: Re: [FWDLK] Ideal Models (was: 1955 DeSoto

Re: [FWDLK] Fw: Re: [FWDLK] Ideal Models (was: 1955 DeSoto Model)

Chris,

Unfortunately, there were no promo models of '56 Chryslers. Chrysler's promo
history was a bit spotty through the 50's; there was a '48 and '49 4dr sedan
in metal, a '53 Newport H.T., '54 and '55 sedans, all in metal. The next was
the '57 New Yorker 4dr HT by JoHan in plastic, same in '58 and '59. 1960 and
'61 brought New Yorker  coupes and 300 coupes and converts from  '62 thru
'68. The only models of '56 Chryslers that I know of  are the 1/32 scale New
Yorker St. Regis kit from Revell that was actually issued in '56, a 1/43
scale 300B by Precision Miniatures issued in the late 80's and the exquisite
'56 New Yorker St. Regis and convertible by Motor City. Of course, there is
now the 1/18 scale   300B just released by Maisto. Assoon as time permits, I
will have pictures of all the above models, as well as models of many other
FL cars up on my website.

Ross Klein
'56 Imperial sedan
'60 DeSoto Adventurer
'Life's too short to drive 'ordinary' cars"