Re: [FWDLK] Oil stains

Mark - I find that dry mortar or cement works well on my concrete garage floor.  Just apply the material to a new or old stain and rub it in with a stiff bristle shop broom and for the most part the stain disappears.  I have a son that has changed a few engines in my garage and he tends to spill a lot of oil and other stuff on the floor.  I've also used the stuff on my blacktop driveway but results are better on concrete.   John Z in Mosinee, WI  (10 degrees in garage this morning before I started wood stove - almost 2 feet of snow on ground and roads are covered with salt so needless to say the 59 is in hibernation for several more months)
-----Original Message-----
From: MARK J HASH <mjh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 01, 2001 11:02 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Oil stains

Happy New Year everyone!  I was outside changing the oil on my truck yesterday and got to thinking how nice it would be if I could get all of the old nasty oil stains (from when my friends would visit in their Ford) off my driveway.  We all know about kitty litter and the like for cleaning up fresh spills, but what's the best way to remove an ugly old dried up stain?

Mark   mjh
65 degree western Oregon, where I just yesterday took my '57 Fury out for a luxurious ride with the windows down and my daily driver is a '64 300 . . .