[FWDLK] window weatherstripping

Happy New Year to all on the List!

I'm hoping someone else out there has already hassled with this one.
The 1956 Plymouth (4 door sedan) windows seem designed to accept water
to run down the windows and through the gap between the fuzzy
weatherstripping and the window.  The solution would be to have the
glass go hard against the fuzzy weatherstripping,  except for the fact
that the piller for the little pivot window which also is the channel
for the weatherstripping side of the vertical sliding glass won't let
you get it close enough.  I think it must have been planned this way
because there are drain holes at the bottom of the door to let this
water get out.

Has anyone come up with a solution,  maybe there is a more modern window
weatherstrip that would fit the 55/56 series?

Thanks,
David Lloyd
1956 Plymouth Savoy,   Los Angeles