Re: [FWDLK] toilet seats

I've seen one on at least one '59 Canadian Dodge, a
Viscount (equivalent of the non-Sport Fury). It had
Dodge script but a Plymouth medallion in the middle of
the fake hubcap.

It would be easy enough to swap a toilet seat Valiant
trunk lid for a plain Lancer or '62 Valiant trunk lid
or vice versa but I've never seen this done. Bill
Watson mentioned once that Canadian-built Lancers
(which were for export only, the A-body Lancer never
being sold new in Canada) had Valiant taillights with
plain trunk lids. This may also apply to the DeSoto
Rebel, a Lancer clone AFAIK exclusive to the South
African market (and still in production there into the
'62 model year at the very least).

It also looks easy enough to install a '60-'61
Chrysler trunk lid on the equivalent DeSoto, but there
was of course no DeSoto dummy hubcap made. No idea
what you would have to do to persuade an actual DeSoto
wheel cover to fit, or if it's even possible.

Imperials were available with either a plain or
FlightSweep trunk lid from '57 through '63, with the
exception of '62 which only came from the factory with
a plain trunk lid. This didn't stop dealers from
installing FS deck lids on '62s. I believe '57-'59
share deck lids but that these are not interchangeable
with '60-'63 deck lids.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban