[FWDLK] Filler neck

I'm working on my 56 Savoy. I think the gas filler neck has a hole in it
somewhere. When I fill the tank up, it leaks form up in that area. I can't
really get a good look at it as it's usually leaking at the gas station and
I have a hard time sticking my head up under the car whil gas is coming out.
Anyway, I was under the car as was ready to take it out when I started
looking at it and It looks like it was maybe put in before the body was
mounted to the frame. I haven't disconnected it yet, but it looks like there
is no way to wrestle it out.
Can anyone confirm this ?
If it's true, it kind of sucks, never being able to fill the tank.

Any insights advice or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. If it
can't come out whole, I'm contemplating cutting it and then putting it back
together and clamp a rubber hose over where I cut it. I'd probably have ot
make an extra support for it also

thanks,
Nick