[FWDLK] "Mopar" Batteries

Howdy y'all,

I see folks from time to time asking about sources for Mopar script
batteries.  The questions are posed as if that is what came in your car
original equipment from the factory.  THEY DID NOT.

The Mopar battery is the REPLACEMENT battery supplied by an authorized Mopar
garage or dealership.  They were NEVER original equipment in our Forwardlook
era cars.

In all of our cars the battery that came from the factory was either an
Auto-Lite or a Willard.  Possibly another brand as I am most familiar with
only '57 and '60.

Now the repro battery companies will tell you different because they want to
increase the volume of sales on those Mopar batteries, but that is the
facts.  Any of you who collect factory service literature as I have for
DeSoto and Chrysler can verify that.

Wayne